Remember way back in 2008 the financial crisis Bush Jr caused and Obama had to do a bailout to keep the economy from completely collapsing? And once Obama was in office all the power players who caused it were going to face justice because Obama wasn’t the same-old same-old but was “the change we are looking for”? Yeah, well that never happened.
|Tell Washington You Are Fed Up!Because of Washington, every member of your family now owes $37,667! Tell Congress that you want answers and action!|
Let your representative and senators hear from you today! Send your representative and two senators an e-mail telling them you want public hearings on this fiasco.
• Forward this to your family and friends.We are asking that each representative and each senator announce that they approve open congressional hearings on this matter. Their failure to respond will be interpreted as being against open hearings. I urge you to join this effort to hold our elected officials accountable.
October 6, 2008
Washington has just put every member of your family deeper in debt. Washington added $700 billion to what we owe, making our debt $11.3 trillion. That amounts to $37,667 for every man, woman and child in America. Several hundred million of this $700 billion bailout went for “pork barrel” spending which is unrelated to the financial crisis.
The financial crisis is the result of power-hungry politicians telling Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to make loans to people who could not afford them, and then Fannie and Freddie forced the banks they serve to do the same. Those who lived inside their means and bought what they could afford are seeing their retirement funds going down the drain while the responsible parties pocket their millions.
We are fed up!
We demand open congressional hearings to investigate this matter. If we don’t act now, the politicians will sweep this under the rug.
• We want to know who did what, when and why that caused this crisis.
• We are fed up with you mismanaging our money.
• We are fed up with you “taking care of your buddies” in smoke-filled back rooms.
• We are sick and tired of having our money taken from us and squandered by Washington for political gain.
• We are tired of individuals doing a shoddy job of running a quasi-governmental operation and being paid $90,000,000 with our tax dollars.
• We demand an explanation of how this crisis happened and who was responsible for it.
• If laws were broken, we want those responsible prosecuted.
• For those who acted unethically, we want to know who they are and what they did.
• We want hearings on this matter, and we demand that they be open, not behind closed doors.
• We hold Congress responsible to get to the bottom of this matter so that it will never happen again.
Donald E. Wildmon,
Founder and Chairman
American Family Association